California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Last Updated: November 3rd, 2020
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018; Effective January 1, 2020:
This Policy details the Personal Information that we may collect from you when you visit our Site and make use of the Lighting Reimagined services. It also outlines the process for collecting, the purpose for which we use such data for, the sources from which we collect it, the limited circumstances under which we may share Personal Information, and provides you with specific choices and rights that you have as a California resident.
- Information We Collect
The Personal Information that Lighting Reimagined collects, or has collected from users within the last twelve months prior to the effective date of this Policy, generally falls into the following categories:
- Personal identifiers such as your first name, last name, alias, username, or similar identifier, address (billing and shipping), phone numbers, or IP address;
- Personal Information, such as a credit card number;
- Commercial information, such as purchase activity, transaction data, details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased via the Site and/or the Lighting Reimagined platform;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including content interaction information, such as content downloads, search history and interaction data on your use of our website and from links in Lighting Reimagined emails sent to you;
- Geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer;
- Professional information, for example, data you may provide about your business; and
- Inference data, such as information about your purchase preferences, feedback and survey responses
2. How We Collect Personal Information
Lighting Reimagined obtains the categories of Personal Information listed above from a variety of sources, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Directly from our Site users when they provide the information to us;
- Indirectly from you, as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies; and
- From third-party service providers under service contracts.
3. Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for Lighting Reimagined Business Purpose
The Personal Information that we disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Policy generally falls into the following categories established by the CCPA:
- Identifiers such as your name, email address, phone number or IP address;
- Personal Information, such as a credit card number, for example, if we use a third-party payment processor;
- Your age, gender or other protected classifications, for example, if you choose to participate in a survey distributed by Lighting Reimagined;
- Commercial information, such as the details of a service you purchased if a third-party service provider is assisting to provide that service to you;
- Geolocation data from your IP address; and
- Audio or visual information, for example, if a service provider reviews recordings of customer service phone calls for quality assurance purposes, or if we use a service provider to fulfill your order.
4. Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability:
You have the right to request that Lighting Reimagined disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and verify your request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
5. Right to Request Access to or Deletion of Personal Information
You may have the right under the CCPA to request information about the collection of your Personal Information by Lighting Reimagined, or access to or deletion of your Personal Information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us. Depending on your data choices and subject to applicable regulations, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
We may, however, deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq. or other legal obligation); or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
6. No Discrimination Rights
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your rights under the CCPA and Lighting Reimagined will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
7. Acceptance of Terms and Changes to This Policy
By using this Site, you are hereby accepting and agreeing to the terms and conditions stipulated within this policy, and you intend to be legally bound thereby. If you are not in agreement with this Policy, then you must refrain from accessing and using (or continuing to access and use) our Site.
Lighting Reimagined reserves the right to amend, update or otherwise modify this Policy in our discretion, at any time without notice. When we make changes to this Policy, we will post the updated Policy on the Site and update the effective date at the top of the page. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of any updates or changes to this Policy shall mean that you agree and are in acceptance of such changes.