Last Updated: November 3rd, 2020
This Policy includes additional notices that may apply to you if you are a California consumer. Please see the sections below titled "California Privacy Rights" (and "California Consumery Privacy Act (CCPA)") for more details.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time Lighting Reimagined decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be notified by email as soon as reasonably practicable. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
What Does this Policy Cover?
This Policy applies to Lighting Reimagined, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of the Site, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
We gather various types of Personal Information from our users, as defined and explained in more detail below, and we use this Personal Information internally in connection with our Site, including to personalize, provide, and improve our Site, to allow you to set up a user account and profile, join our membership group, to contact you and allow other users to contact you, to fulfill your requests from us and to analyze how you use the Site. In certain cases, we may also share some Personal Information with third parties, but only as described below.
Specifically, this Policy seeks to inform you of the following:
- What Personal Information is collected from you through our Site;
- Why we collect Personal Information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Information We Collect
A. Information You Provide:
“Personal Information" means any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we hold about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your contact information such as your name, email address, telephone number, age, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
"Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Information and Anonymous Data and a few other categories of information, from various different sources, as described below.
We receive your information in a variety of different ways, including, but not limited to, the following:
- When you create an account with us to log into our Site or place an order, we may collect certain Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, email address, phone number(s), mailing address, payment information such as your credit card number(s) and billing address for making purchases;
- By using our Site, you may provide us with the demographic information that is not unique to you such as your gender and zip code;
- You provide account information to us when you create or update your account, such as online password and other log-in details used to access the Site;
- When you post a user-generated content or provide us with service feedback on our Site (such as ratings or reviews), the information contained in such user-generated content will be stored on our servers and will be available to be seen by other users who make use of the Site; and
- We also collect other types of Personal Information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version and other requested information if you contact us via email regarding support for the Site
Please note that you can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Site you are able to use.
B. Automated Information Collection
We may collect certain information (which does not identify you as an individual) about your use of the Site through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. This “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Site, search engines used, the internet protocol ("IP") address used, the length of time spent on the Site, the pages you looked at on the Site, other websites you visited before and after visiting the Site, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the Site, and other relevant statistics, including, without limitation, the following:
- Log Information: When you access the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Links: The Site and other services provided by Lighting Reimagined may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design and the user experience generally.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are 1×1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Site and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. Web beacons can collect the IP address of the computer that the web beacon is sent to, the URL of the page the web beacon comes from, and the time the web beacon was viewed. We may employ web beacons to facilitate Site administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the Site, to compile aggregated statistics about Site usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Site
C. Information Automatically Collected by Third-Parties About You
It is the intent of this Site to use Personal Information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for on this Policy.
What We May Use Your Personal Information For
Generally, Lighting Reimagined may use the information gathered to provide, improve, and develop our Site and the Services we provide to you, to communicate with you, to offer you a better service and user experience and to protect us and our users. When you interact with or make use of the Site, we use a variety of technologies to process the Personal Information that we collect about you for various reasons:
- Facilitate the creation of and secure your Lighting Reimagined account;
- Identify you as a user of our Site;
- Personalize your experience with our products and services and we may make use of Personal Information to assist in the operation of our Site and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use Personal Information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from the Site;
- Measure and analyze audience traffic, including, but not limited to, tracking user interests, trends and patterns;
- Help recognize you as a previous visitor and save and remember your preferences and settings and deliver to you appropriate interest-based content;
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials and for other marketing purposes;
- Understand whether our users read e-mail messages and click on links within those messages;
- Increase and maintain the safety and security of our products, services and platform and prevent misuse;
- To understand, diagnose, troubleshoot and fix issues with the Site;
- Communicate with you and provide customer support;
- Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our Site (including but not limited to: operating, administering, analyzing and improving our products and services; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions);
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- To fulfill contractual obligations with third parties, for example, licensing agreements and to take appropriate action with respect to reports of intellectual property infringement and inappropriate content; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and policies, including this Policy and our Terms & Conditions
How We Share Your Personal Information
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share Personal Information collected through the Site because we are committed to maintaining your trust, except as described below:
- Service Providers: We may provide collected data to our service providers. They may use your data to perform services for us and may have access to, store and process your Personal Information to provide services on our behalf.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share personal information or any information collected through the Site with our subsidiaries and affiliates (and their respective employees and owners) for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Merger and Acquisition: We may disclose or transfer Personal Information or any information collected through your usage of our Site to third parties who acquire all or a portion of Lighting Reimagined’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- Compliance with laws: We may disclose Personal Information or any information collected through the Site and your usage of the Lighting Reimagined service if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials or a regulatory inquiry or investigation, law enforcement authorities or a valid subpoena, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity, including, without limitation. to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute any criminal offense or attack.
- Consent: We may share Personal Information in accordance with any consent you provide.
Data Retention and Deletion
We keep your Personal Information only as long as necessary to provide you with the Lighting Reimagined service and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the Site, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations and resolving disputes. We keep some of your Personal Information for as long as you are a user of the Site and the Lighting Reimagined service.
If you request, we will delete or anonymize your Personal Information so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain Personal Information, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary Personal Information until the issue is resolved (as determined in our discretion);
- Where we need to retain the Personal Information for our legal, tax, audit and/or accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary Personal Information for the period required by applicable law; and/or
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
Keeping Your Data Safe
As a matter of policy, we are committed to protecting your Personal Information and, as such, Lighting Reimagined takes precautions in an effort to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Site, we have safeguards in place intended to protect your Personal Information both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g., credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
While we use encryption in an effort to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also seek to protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to Personal Information. The computers and servers in which we store Personal Information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user's Personal Information under our control.
California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018; Effective January 1, 2020:
If you are a California resident, you may have some additional privacy rights regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by Lighting Reimagined, or its affiliates and subsidiaries, or to a third-party and we have prepared additional disclosures and notices consistent with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Please see our California Consumery Privacy Act (CCPA) policy for more about such rights.
California residents may not be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described therein.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Site is not directed to and does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13) years old. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected for anyone under the age of thirteen (13) years old, we will take the necessary steps as promptly as reasonably practicable to ensure that such information is deleted from our system's database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) years old must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this Site.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information (Unsubscribe or Opt-Out)
a. To Stop Certain Collection and Use of Your Personal Information:
Marketing Emails, Text Messages and Mail
If you have subscribed to our e-mail newsletters, you can stop such promotional emails from us by using the “unsubscribe” link in our promotional emails. You can also stop marketing text messages, by replying “STOP” to our promotional text messages.
You can also contact our Customer Care Team (email@example.com) to remove you from additional marketing efforts originating from Lighting Reimagined.
Our Site may support Interest Based Advertising efforts by Third Parties. Industry groups such as the Digital Advertising Alliance have developed services to help you manage your Interest Based Advertising preferences.
You can opt-out of tracking used to understand website utilization provided by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you send a request to websites to not track your online activities. We, like many other retailers, do not honor those requests.
b. To Change or Correct Your Personal Information
At any time, you can request access to your Personal Information, request that any inaccuracies be corrected, or request that comments or explanations be added to records about you.
In an effort to prevent unauthorized changes, we may ask for certain information to verify your identity before we process such requests.
Although we will endeavor to make your requested changes, in some cases (for example, if it requires a disproportionate technical or practical cost or effort or if it conflicts with our legal obligations or business requirements), we may be unable to do so completely. Should this occur, we will communicate that to you.
Links to Other Websites
Lighting Reimagined may have other links to third-party and affiliate websites. Lighting Reimagined does not claim or accept responsibility for any privacy policies, practices and/or procedures of such other websites. Therefore, we encourage all users and visitors to be aware when they leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of every website that collects Personal Information. This Policy applies only and solely to the information collected by our Site.
Lighting Reimagined does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender or sexual orientation.
Notice to European Union Users
Lighting Reimagined’s operations are located in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose Personal Information is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield.) By providing Personal Information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
Acceptance of Terms and Changes to this Policy
By using this Site, you are hereby accepting and agreeing to the terms and conditions stipulated within this Policy, and you intend to be legally bound thereby. If you are not in agreement with this Policy, then you must refrain from accessing and using (or continuing to access and use) our Site.
Lighting Reimagined reserves the right to amend, update or otherwise modify this Policy, in our discretion, at any time without notice. When we make changes to this policy, we will post the updated Policy on the Site and update the effective date at the top of the page. Your continued use of our Sitefollowing the posting of any updates or changes to this Policy shall mean that you agree and are in acceptance of such changes.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.